1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 10th Anniversary Rare 42.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry no salt on roads...
1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - 10th anniversary = US-specs...low only 21k miles !!
Model Firebird Trans Am
Color Two Tone Silver
Engine 400 c.i
Transmission 4 speed
Mileage 21,050 on odometer
Other 10th anniversary, only 1817 made
1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - 10th anniversary
- 1979 marked a special year for the Firebird Trans Am. Not only was this it's 10th anniversary but two 10th anniversary cars were used as pace cars for the Daytona 500 which was called the "race that made NASCAR." If that wasn't good enough they hit record sales and Car & Driver listed it as the best handling car of the year. They got a restyled front end and would become one of the most iconic cars of the late 70s/early 80's.
- This 79 is a factory 10th anniversary Trans Am that is in excellent condition.
- The 10th anniversary cars featured the two tone Silver paint and a larger than normal decal which stretched all across the hood and onto the front fenders.
- This car currently belongs in a collection and has been very well maintained since new.
- The body is very solid and the finish on the paint very nice.
- The mirrored T-tops are special for the edition and in great condition as well. The dual double headlights, hood scoop, and side air vents all give the car the powerful yet sporty look that the Trans Am is known for.
2 GM Pontiac Division
X Series - Trans Am 10th Anniversary
87 Body Type - Sports Coupe
Z Engine code - 400 cu in, 220HP
9 Year - 1979
N Assembly Plant - Norwood, OH
161,377 Production number - #161,377 produced
So what does that mean? Lets look at some numbers.
211,454 1979 Firebirds produced in total
116,535 of those were Trans Am's
7,500 of those Trans Am's were 10th anniversary editions
- Rare 1,817 of the 7,500 10th anniversary editions were ordered with a 400 cubic inch engine and 4 speed transmission
- Only 1 year after 79 in 1980 due to large emissions restrictions Pontiac was forced to drop its large displacement engines which means the factory 400 CI sitting under this T/As hood offers a lot more performance than later years.
- The performance drop in 1980 was so significant that even the Smokey and the Bandit car required performance upgrades to match what they wanted to see on screen out of the Trans Am.
- The motor in this car runs extremely well and the 4 speed transmission shifts smoothly.
- The drive train is all original and with 21,050 miles has a lot of life left in it.
- Well optioned, well maintained cars like this don't come around all that often.
- The interior of the car is in nice shape as well and featured the 10th anniversary only Silver leather seats, Firebird embroidered door panels and the aircraft inspired Red gauge backlighting.
- The interior is all stock and has the factory center console with power window controls, engine turned bezel, and firebird steering wheel. The rear seat also has the Firebird embroidery in the center of the back.
- If you are in the market for a Trans Am that is not only in great shape but also has some collectability a rarity to it....look no more!
- This is a great example of one of these cars and really a piece of Pontiac and automotive history.
Make this collectable Trans Am yours for $42,500.00!
If you have questions please email us below...pnwarz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Here is a Van Nuys built blue plated California car! This Sundance Yellow Firebird was restored some years back and only had 800 miles of use on it since then. It has a 231 V-6, automatic transmission,.....
1989 Pontiac Firebird Turbo Trans Am, Indy Pace Car, 20TH Anniversary, 3.8L, 3700 Miles only, all Previous MOT'S to verify mileage,one of the 5 with lowest miles in the world. White, T Top, unmarked.....