1970 International Harvester Scout = Restored Manual $46.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...west no salt on roads...
Make International Harvester
Model Scout 800A
Engine 304 V8
Transmission 4 speed
Other Fully rebuilt throughout, runs great!
1970 International Harvester Scout
International Harvester started making trucks way back in 1907. After WWII the only 4 wheels style recreational vehicle was the Jeep based off military vehicles and the public's reception to this style of truck was unknown. By the time the early 60s rolled around it was clear there was a market for these vehicles so International developed the Scout. The Scout was produced from 1961 to 1980 and was a precursor to the modern SUV and a direct competitor for Jeep. With its boxy look and off road capabilities it was clear these were trucks meant to handle more than just the road on a Sunday drive. They look incredibly tough and have developed quite the following over the years.
- This 1970 Scout is an extremely nice example of one of these vehicles and has been entirely redone.
- It was completed in 2014 and has been very well cared for since.
- The result is an extremely solid Scout that looks like it rolled right out of the 70s into modern times.
- The dark Blue paint looks good and the body is free of any rust or issues.
- The floors were all replaced during the rebuild.
- The trim, roof rack, and grill all look like new with a nice shine.
- It has the large Black trail bumper up front and a Blacked out rear bumper. All of the lights are working correctly with crack free lenses.
- The wheels are chrome American ATX legends and it has a matching 5th spare mounted to the rear tailgate.
- They are wrapped with BF Goodrich All terrain tires that are in great shape.
- Various motors were optional on these Scouts and this one was ordered with the largest available at the time a 304 V8. It is the original motor and runs extremely well. When it was taken apart for the rebuild the shop was surprised at how good the condition of the motor was. "It's built like a tank" was a common phrase said throughout the build process.
- The entire drive train from the engine, to transmission, and transfer case were totally gone through and redone. The motor was put back together with chrome valve covers, a chrome air cleaner and a large part of the motor painted Blue to match the body.
- This gives it a nice clean look that you can proudly show off at car shows.
- The brakes and suspension were all gone through as well so the truck really needs nothing.
- The interior is all new and done in a combination of Black vinyl with cloth inserts.
-It has bucket seats up front with a bench in the rear.
- An aftermarket center console was installed and aftermarket seat belts.
- The dash is painted to match the exterior and is topped with a Black dash pad. It has the original style gauges, indicator lights, and switches.
- Everything is working properly.
- An aftermarket Kenwood AM/FM/CD player was added and utilizes aftermarket speakers.
- There is plenty of additional storage space in the back which you can access by opening the fold down rear gate and rear window which opens upwards.
These Scouts are very cool vehicles and this one was just so well done.
- You see a lot of Jeeps rolling around but this Scout can deliver the same performance and same style while being much more unique at the same time.
This totally redone Scout could be yours for $46,500.00!
- More details coming soon and on request please...
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...