1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Rare 1 of 50 Colors 32k miles $43 For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....no salt on roads...
1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 = US-specs...Rare 1 of 50 made with the White(~)Orange combo...
Mileage: 32.7k dry desert miles
- A 1963 Studebaker Avanti, Engine; 289 Super Charged V-8, producing 289 Horsepower at 9:1 compression.
- Fueled by a 4 barrel Carter AFB carburetor, assisted by a Paxton SN-60 Supercharger.
- A.C. was not available with the supercharged models.
- Drivetrain is by way of a Borg Warner Automatic Transmission and posi rear end, including front and rear sway bars, rear traction bar and front disc brakes.
- Completed March 13, 1963, this car was a special order build and purchase was through Carmichael Cars, the local Studebaker dealership in Northern Ca... It has been in the Sacramento area ever since and was stored in a carport for twenty plus years when I found it.
- I am the third owner of this car and it has been completely restored to its original factory condition, save the original wheels, tires and hubcaps which are in my possession.
- The car as you see it is the same as when the Reynolds drove it home from the dealership including the original license plates and frames.
- Although this car was completed March 13, 1963, it was sold as a 1964 model.
- Fewer than one hundred cars with round headlight covers were sold as 1964s.
- Most know the 1964 models to have square headlight covers.
- Studebaker made what they call “running changes”, random modifications to the cars on the assembly line rather than within a model year designation change.
- Thus making no clear separation between the 1963s and the 1964s.
- This car is unique in that there were fewer than fifty, white, automatic, R2s with the custom orange upholstery ever produced...Rare 1 of 50 made with the White(~)Orange combo...
- I will let the photos speak for themselves...more pics coming soon and on request please...Inspections welcome....
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
1949 Studebaker Commander 2DR Coupe
..All Original Car
..Flathead 6 Cylinder Engine
..Stromsburg Carb Re-Built Jan 2016
..3-Speed Manuel Transmission
..Generater Re-Built Jan 2016
1949 Studebaker Commander Starlight 2DR
..Completely Taken Apart & restored
..Car Still Looks Great
..76,502 Original Miles
..3-Speed Manuel Trans w/Overdrive