1982 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 = Rare 1 of 250 made + Race History For Sale
Located in the USA...a Red White and Blue 4th of July Car theme car....Happy Independence Day !!
1982 DeTomaso Pantera GT5
Price $Best offer please...USD...POR....
•Highly original, unrestored condition
•Imported to the United States on May 22, 1983 by Claude Dubois of Special Automotive Marketing International (SAMI) in Switzerland to Guy Anderson of the Exotic Car Store in Smyrna, Georgia.
•Guy Anderson of the Exotic Car Store was one of the first DeTomaso distributors in the United States
•Purchased new by Lamar Cheatham, who owned car for almost 30 years!
•Guy Anderson subsequently purchased the car back from Cheatham in 2009 and retained it until the time of his passing
•Original paint, bodywork and interior
•Naturally aspirated 351 CID V-8 engine with 345 horsepower and 333 lbs-ft of torque
•Holley four-barrel carburetor
•Factory rated at 0-60 in 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 174 MPH
•ZF five-speed manual gearbox
•Four-wheel disc brakes
•Believed to be 49,135 miles, metric odometer reads 79,075 kilometers
•Copy of original agreement letter between SAMI and Guy Anderson
•Documented with copies of original import papers
- A Offered in highly original, unrestored condition, this 1982 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 is one of approximately 250 built and one of fewer than 100 examples known to survive today.
- It was imported to the U.S. on May 22, 1983, by Claude Dubois of Special Automotive Marketing International (SAMI) in Switzerland to Guy Anderson of the Exotic Car Store in Smyrna, Georgia.
- Anderson, one of the first second-generation DeTomaso distributors in the U.S., sold the car new to Lamar Cheatham, who owned the car for almost three decades, up until 2009.
- He then sold it back to Anderson, who retained ownership of the car until his passing in 2018.
- Ford began importing this Italian-American hybrid in 1971, selling the Pantera through its Lincoln-Mercury showrooms through 1974, when the partners were unable to meet more demanding safety and emissions regulations.
- The Pantera followed the same evolutionary path as many of its supercar contemporaries, concealing the drivetrain and suspension upgrades beneath ever-swelling bodywork designed to improve aerodynamics and contain increasingly wider wheel and tire combinations.
- Where the first Panteras used 351 Cleveland engines rated at 330 horsepower, later models, such as the GT5, offered stronger versions rated at up to 350 horsepower that responded well to tuning and modifications such as turbocharging.
- This 1982 Pantera GT5 retains its original paint, bodywork and interior, all of which remain in excellent condition and it features the largest disc brakes and the widest Campagnolo wheels ever fitted to a Pantera.
- This car has Michelin TB5 Racing Tires, size 23 62R15 in front and Michelin TB15 tires, size 29 61R15 in back.
- Equipped with a Holley four-barrel carburetor, its naturally aspirated 351 Cleveland V-8 delivers 345 horsepower and 333 lbs-ft of torque through a ZF five-speed manual gearbox for a factory-rated 0-60 MPH time of 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 174 MPH.
- This highly collectible Ford-powered exotic shows a believed-correct 79,075 kilometers (49,154 miles).
- It is documented with a copy of the original agreement letter between SAMI and Guy Anderson, as well as copies of the original import papers.
- Competition to this Pantera in 1982 included Chevrolet’s Corvette, Ferrari’s 308 GTB, Lamborghini’s Countach and Porsche’s 911
- If you had a poster of one of these on your bedroom wall as a kid, isn’t it time to trade fantasy for reality? Stop by our many Classic Cars today to check out this Pantera from the “Rocky” era...
- This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 79,075 kilometers or 49,154 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!?
- A video on request with a email please...
Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.
Extremely rare Longchamp Spyder fitted from new with the manual ZF 5 speed gearbox. De Tomaso built 17 Longchamp Spyders and only a few of those were delivered as manuals, the majority received Ford.....
Almost mint , unrestored Mangusta ( except respray approx 8 Years ago)
rebuilt gearbox, extensive Service History, , must be one of the best
7000 Miles believed to be correct.
The car presented is one of the few cars delivered new by the factory in Group 3 configuration. As part of the latest Pantera L, it is equipped with the Group 4 optional body kit. The car was delivered.....
De Tomaso Pantera GTS. Original new delivered in Belgium (1973 Claude Dubois). Car was completely restored to the highest level. Special built 7.0 litre engine delivering 500 HP plus. Car still is.....