We are pleased to offer this 1954 Lancia Appia 1st Series Berlina.
Launched in 1953, the Appia was the replacement for the Ardea. It featured a larger, 1100cc, version of Lancia’s baby narrow angle V4.
The Appia was a clean sheet design by the legendary Vittorio Jano and borrowed elements from the sensational Aurelia.
Sliding pillar independent front suspension and pillarless construction were Lancia hallmarks that were carried over to the new Appia.
Performance was exceptional for such a small car with 80mph potential and a frugal 30mpg, a long way ahead of what our domestic industry could offer at the time.
The Appia is a typical Lancia in that it was built pretty much regardless of cost and there are beautiful touches throughout the car, the light alloy door handles and window winders being a good example.
Being a high quality car of the time, the Appia is right hand drive.
This particular example is rather special as it was the first Lancia owned by renowned Lancia authority Wim Oude Weernink, author of ‘La Lancia’ and was the catalyst for his life-long love of the marque. Later the Appia was a part of two important UK based Lancia collections.
The car has recently had £3,000 spent on it with a leading Lancia specialist. Work included a complete overhaul of the braking system.
The Appia is in unmolested original condition with very smart deep burgundy paintwork. The interior is generally good though the front seat squabs would benefit from recovering.
On the road the Lancia is a willing performer with pin sharp steering and excellent handling, as you would expect.
Very rare in the UK, this delightful 1st Series Appia is ready for its next appreciative owner and is begging to be used.
Targhe nere e documenti di prima immatricolazione. Conservata in ogni dettaglio è stata negli anni sempre ben mantenuta.
Purtroppo radiata d'ufficio ma di facile re immissione.....
This splendid car designed by Vignale diversify itself from the previous two series due to more powerful engine of 54 hp and two rear seats added.
Produced from 1959 to 1963.