I have owned this car for 18 months and have enjoyed every mile of driving it. Genuine sale - very rare car, drives really well. Recently did the NC500 in Scottish HIghlands and the car was fantastic, did not miss a beat and also returned 38mpg. The car is for sale as due to growing family I now require a bigger car and have bought myself a SUV
This Renault Laguna III 2.0 Turbo GT 205, to the untrained eye looks nothing special, but is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A proper sleeper car. It is a rare breed with only limited numbers sold in the UK and likely to become collectable in the near future. It has the same engine as the Megane 225 RS just detuned now to make 205 bhp instead of 225bhp. That is superior to the same generation Skoda Octavia VRS(197bhp). In fact more power is not the only place it trumps the Octavia VRS. This car is fitted with 4 wheel steering system that makes its handling phenomenal. There is a YouTube Renault video of Laguna Gt205 being faster than a Porsche Boxter when it comes to manoeuvrability, see here - - details above
- Keyless entry and start
- Alcantara leather seats
- Heated front seats
- Automatic headlamps and wiper
- 6 speed gearbox with solid aluminium shifter knob
- Sporty Aluminium pedals
- Full leather wrapped sports steering wheel (feels lovely to hold)
- Dual Zone Climate control
- Electric parking brake (EPB) and Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
- 4 wheel electric steering
- 0-60 in 7.8 seconds with a nice turbo surge and strong mid end torque
- cruise control and speed limiter functions
- excellent quality music system with steering mounted controls
- usual Renault 5 star NCAP and 6 airbags
- chrome tipped twin exhaust
1. I had the timing belt kit and water pump done, when I bought the car 18 months ago for my peace of mind. This was done at 78,000 miles, currently its at 87,320 miles
2. I also had a full service done when I bought the car, that included all filters and oil change. In January this year it was given an oil service (Castrol Magnatec), as I get oil changed annually on my cars rather than based on mileage
3. I have also had both front suspension lower wishbones replaced when I first bought it, as one of them had a faulty Bush. Rear trailing arm bushes were also done. So now it handles as it should
4. All 4 tyres were replaced last year before MoT test.
5. It flew through its MOT last year with me paying no more than the MotT test fees, demonstrating how well maintained the car is
1) The car will need front brakes sorting out some point in near future - just discs and pads, so not a complicated or expensive job
2) When I bought the car from the dealer he told me it was a finance repossession and did not come with service history books, however I did a good check and the car drives very well and consumes no oil. The car also does 38 mpg, as per Renault specification when launched! So there is nothing wrong and it seems to have been well looked after.
Sale Price & Terms:
The asking price is what the car is worth, taking into consideration the new owner needs the front brakes doing to make it into top shape again. This still represents £2000 savings from the Laguna III GT 205's asking prices advertised on ebay. Still it's a used car and I understand its all subjective, so am open to near offers (not silly or ridiculous ones).
Viewing is highly recommended and can be fixed by prior appointment.