1953 International-Harvester R-112 ½-ton Pickup
•Professional documented nut and bolt restoration by Prescott Hot Rods of Prescott, Arizona
•First year for the R-series, product of design chief Ted Ornas
•First year for the well known farmer on the tractor IH corporate logo designed by Raymond Loewy
•Silver Diamond 220 CID inline six-cylinder engine
•T-98 four-speed manual transmission
•Front disc brake conversion
•Door County Green exterior with multiple areas of Rhino Liner underneath and a tan interior
•Comfo-Vision cab seats three people, has two-piece rear window
•Toolbox with dual, locking compartments behind cab
•Jerrycan on driver’s side running board; spare tire mounted to passenger side of cargo bed
•the R-112 specs are 127-inch wheelbase, eight-foot cargo bed, 2,800-lb. carrying capacity and 5,400-lb. GVWR
•Documentation includes original owner’s manual plus books and a CD related to the truck’s stereo system
Easily one of the most beautiful Binders that has graced our showroom recently, at our Classic Cars is pleased to present this 1953 International R-112 ½-ton pickup truck. Professionally restored by Prescott Hot Rods of Prescott, Arizona, this Binder is finished in stunning Door County Green.
- This truck was originally made between January and November 1953 in International’s Chicago, Illinois factory. Beneath that exquisite bright green paint are multiple areas with Rhino Liner installed for sound absorption.
- The paint and black trim are in excellent order, as are the truck’s lights and windows and you would expect from a professional restoration, the truck’s bodywork is straight and solid.
- The truck features a “Comfo-Vision” cab, an all-steel one that seats three people with a one-piece, curved “Sweepsight” windshield for a non-obstructed front view. The truck has twin rear windows along with a curved contour instrument panel.
- The engine bay is extremely tidy, as is the cargo bed, complete with dual, locking compartments behind the cab.
- On the driver’s side running board is a jerry can that matches the trim and a spare tire hangs on the passenger side of the cargo bed. The truck’s black bumpers are in matching condition to the rest of the body.
- This Binder rolls on General Grabber radials, size 235/70R16 tires mounted on black steel wheels with factory wheel covers, including the spare tire. The tires and wheels are all in excellent condition.
- Under the one-piece hood that can be opened from either side is International’s 220 CID Silver Diamond straight six-cylinder engine. New stellite-faced slo-roto exhaust valves rotated during operation.
- Exhaust-valve seats are of long-lasting durachrome, a high chrome-nickel content metal that insures more efficient valve operation for a longer period of time. Carburetion is new too; the visible-flow carburetor featuring a fast-idle cam that speeds engine warm-up, contributing to greater fuel economy.
- Other features of the Silver Diamond engine included a new ceramic-filter fuel pump engineered to prevent vapor lock; hotter spark plugs to minimize carbon formation; a wide-lobe camshaft that lengthens the life of camshaft and tappets and a capsule-type thermostat that is unaffected by water pressure, assuring faster engine warm-up and positive maintenance of proper operating temperature.
- The engine rested on three rubber mounting points, called Buoyant Power Engine Mounting. International claimed a smoother, quieter power flow and longer engine life as well as fewer engine noise and vibrations transmitted to the cab and frame.
- Inside, the cab has been refreshed, too.
- The tan bench seat is in excellent shape while he contrasting black carpet is in very good order. The headliner matches the shade of the seat and is in identical condition.
- A black, three-spoke steering wheel faces the driver and looks fantastic.
- The green over tan instrument panel features full instrumentation and it looks fantastic, as do the inner door liners. Rounding out the interior is an All-Fresh-Air heater and an Alpine AM/FM stereo with CD player.
- While International may have been the last to offer an all-new postwar pickup, its tardiness ensured it was the most advanced of the new trucks.
- It was truly an all-new truck, from the wide three-man width Comfo-Vision cab with two-piece rear window, to the one-piece left- or right-side opening hood (just like Buicks), and the Silver Diamond engine tucked underneath. Upon its introduction in 1950, it was the only pickup to have an all-insert bearing, a fully pressured oil system and an overhead valve engine.
- While International’s line of L-Series pickup didn’t lack in engineering, some argued that it was want for looks. The truck’s sides were rounded in a fashion similar to its contemporaries, but the grille was generally panned as being too complex looking.
- Cleaning things up was part of the job of the revised R-Series trucks, which were introduced in late 1953 and a few subtle refinements along with a more refined grille highlights of the new release.
Documentation includes original owner’s manual plus books and a CD related to the truck’s stereo system.
Competition to this Binder in 1953 includes Chevrolet’s 3100 Advance Design, Dodge’s B-series truck, Ford’s F100 and GMC’s New Design trucks.
This gorgeous truck needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated, so please visit our many Classic Cars today to examine it.
This truck is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
Current mileage on the odometer shows 23,953 miles.
It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
The International R series was a truck manufactured by International Harvester. It replaced the L series in 1953. It was mostly a facelift of the light and medium models. The front style seen on the.....
1940 International harvester flatbed truck, Chevy 327 Cubic Inch V8, Th400 3 speed automatic transmission, transit twin wheel rear axle,
This truck was fully restored in 2015 to retain its natural.....
Here we have a unique possible one off.
1963 International Metro van.
Solid, Running V8, x navi maintenance van.
fantastic advertising vehicle or food truck.
Contact H for more info
We do restoration.....
1942-48 International Panel Truck with Interior, wiring, and well, more a less a complete or fairly complete and Rare Panel Truck. Flathead Engine with manual transmission, brakes, rear end and rusty.....